A few thoughts to ponder on Christmas Eve for week 16 of the NFL...
* For the second straight week, the Patriots make huge adjustments in the 2nd half in order to get past early deficits, this time a 17-0 hole against Miami, to win. That's what good teams do.
* Here's hoping Adrian Peterson doesn't have the torn ACL that most fear he does.
* Maybe it's time for Rex Ryan and the NY Jets to stop with the bravado. They looked great for the first few minutes in a 7-0 lead over the Giants, only to get blasted 29-14. The Jets now need to win in Miami next Sunday and hope the Bengals, Titans and Raiders (or Broncos) all lose. Good luck with that NYJ!
* Speaking of the Giants, they now host the Cowboys in a winner-wins-the NFC-East battle next Sunday night in primetime in NY.
* Congratulations to the Lions, who work their way back into the playoffs with a 38-10 win over the Chargers that should put an end to the Norv Turner era in SD.
* As for the AFC West, it's comes down to the Broncos and the Raiders as Denver gets the title with either a win over the Chiefs or a loss by the Raiders to the Chargers. For the second straight week, Tim Tebow looked mortally, this time with 4 INT's (2 returned for TD's) in a 40-14 loss to the Bills.
* It comes down to week 17 for the Ravens, Steelers and the AFC North Title. Too bad they're not playing each other since the Ravens already swept the season series.
* Too little, too late for the Eagles.
* The Bengals are still alive! All they have to do now is beat the Ravens to get a playoff spot.
Click here for all the playoff possibilities from the NFL.