|GOLF CHANNEL LAUNCHES NEW MOBILE APPLICATION FOR IPHONE, IPAD AND ANDROID|
|ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 15, 2011
– Golf Channel today announced the release of Golf Channel Mobile 3.0 –
an all-new redesigned mobile application – now available for iPhone,
iPad tablets for the first time, and available early next week for
Android phones. The new mobile application will enable golf fans instant
access to the latest golf news and opinion, scores, photos and videos
wherever they go from one mobile interface.|
Completely redesigned and developed in partnership with Vertigo Software, Golf Channel Mobile is based on the popular NBCSportsTalk mobile app and includes new enhanced features to give golf fans everything they need to know about the sport at their fingertips.
Equipped with improved navigation, enhanced graphics and customizable features, Golf Channel Mobile features a new video section, enhanced photo galleries and new interactive capabilities, including live chats – with subjects and talent, at times, coinciding with Golf Channel programming – and social media sharing through Facebook, Twitter and e-mail.
The mobile app also features the latest news, blogs and long form columns from Golf Channel.com’s team of contributors and writers, easy-to-navigate leaderboards from all of golf’s professional tours, and a scoring ticker, just as seen on Golf Channel.
“Golf Channel always is looking for ways to keep golf fans engaged and up-to-date on the best the sport has to offer, from following players to furthering their own game,” said Tom Stathakes, Golf Channel senior vice president of programming, production and operations. “Expanding our mobile application’s reach and capability was the next logical step for us.”
Golf Channel Mobile 3.0 Features
- Latest News – The hottest news stories and updates for golf fans 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The section parallels GolfChannel.com’s lead stories and headlines.
- Golf Talk Central – GolfChannel.com’s most popular blog featuring content from GolfChannel.com writers about current news in the world of golf.
- Opinion and Analysis – Long-form features from GolfChannel.com’s team of writers and contributors, offering exclusive insight into the game.
- Scores – Keep up-to-date with scores from all major tours around the world. The enhanced design reflects GolfChannel.com’s scoring section.
- Video – A significantly enhanced feature on Golf Channel Mobile. The section will feature select behind-the-scenes video and clips from Golf Channel’s popular franchises, news, talk and original productions.
- Photo Galleries – High resolution images are available for viewing from golf’s professional tours, as well as behind-the-scenes and episodic images from Golf Channel’s news, talk and original shows.
- Ticker - Just as seen on Golf Channel, the app scoring ticker features leaderboards from golf’s worldwide tours and displays the top players from the most current tournaments.
Both Apple and Android apps are free of charge and are available from the iTunes App Store and Android Market.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Golf Channel gets new Apps
From Golf Channel/NBC Sports -