Here we go for week 12 in the NFL...
The 1pm Games
* Welcome back to the NFL Chris Johnson - 190 yards in the Titans win over Tampa Bay.
* Let's not get too giddy about Mark Sanchez and his 4 TD's Sunday. Remember, it came in a victory against the Bills.
One word for Bills WR Stevie Johnson, who mocked Jets WR Plaxico Buress
after Johnson's TD celebration showed him with a mock self-infliching
gunshot to his leg. CLASSLESS. It was only fitting that Johnson dropped
two possibly game-winning TD's in the final minute of play.
It wasn't pretty, but it was a much needed, last minute win by the
Bengals over the Browns, 23-20. WR AJ Green came up huge late in that
one with two huge catches.
* The Falcons are right in
the thick on the NFC playoff race at 7-4 after beating Minnesota, but
are you really that comforable with what Atlanta is right now?
Give Houston credit, without starting QB Matt Schaub and backup QB Matt
Leinart, who may be lost for the season with a broken collarbone,
getting hurt during the game, the Texans still got a quality road win in
Jacksonville. Rookie QB TJ Yates had to finish out and did so badly, so
maybe newly acquired Kellen Clemens gets the nod for the 8-3 Texans.
* WOW - Beanie Wells! 228 yards in the Cardinals road win over the Rams. Where's that been?!
* The Colts are still on schedule for 0-16, which is exactly where they should be.
* One word about the rumors of Terrell Owens coming to New England - INTRIGUING.
The Late Games:
* Sure, the Patriots may be dead last in the league in yards allowed on defense, but they're only 10th in points allowed. Just witness Sunday's 38-20 win over Philly. The Pats let the Eagles go down the field on the first drive of the game, let the Eagles go up 10-0, but didn't give up another touchdown until garbage time well after Tom Brady and crew had the victory.
* The nightmare continues for the Eagles and the Chargers.
* Speaking of the Eagles, what's up with Desean Jackson? Not exactly how he envisioned his contract year to go. First, a holdout, then a benching for missing a meeting and then he misses what could have been three sure TD's on Sunday before being benched (i.e., coach's decision to play other guys) in the 2nd half.
* Tebow Magic continues! The Broncos are now 5-1 with Tim Tebow starting this season after a dramatic 16-13 overtime victory in San Diego. It ain't pretty, it's just effective enough to win thanks in large part to a very improving Denver Defense.
* The Raiders are looking more and more like a playoff time. Yes, they got help from QB Caleb Hanie as the Bears backup threw three first half INT's to help the cause, but Oakland played well against a dangerous NFC playoff contender to get the 25-20 win.
* Roy Helu!