ESPN3 Schedule Increases to Nearly 100 Exclusive Games
ESPN’s extensive coverage of the 2011-12 men’s college basketball season will include more than 300 regular-season nonconference games beginning Monday, Nov. 7, and concluding with the 13-game, two-day Sears BracketsBusters event February 17-18. The schedule consists of nearly 100 exclusive contests on ESPN3, a record for the platform and an increase from last year’s 37 matchups.
At least one team from all 31 conferences will be televised on an ESPN network as part of the non-conference coverage.
ESPNU will tip off the season Monday, Nov. 7, with a doubleheader from the 2K Sports Classic Benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer: William & Mary at St. John’s at 7 p.m. followed by Valparaiso at Arizona at 9 p.m. It will mark the seventh consecutive year ESPNU has presented the first nationally televised games of the season.
- Quicken Loans Carrier Classic, Friday, Nov. 11, at 7 p.m.: Michigan State will take on North Carolina on the USS Carl Vinson in San Diego in the first men's college basketball game to be played on the deck of a United States military aircraft carrier.
- State Farm Champions Classic, Tuesday, Nov. 15: A new three-year event featuring four of the sport’s winningest programs squaring off at a neutral site. This year’s event pits Duke vs. Michigan State at 7 p.m. followed by Kentucky vs. Kansas at 9 p.m. from Madison Square Garden.
- BIG EAST/SEC Challenge, Thursday, Dec. 1 to Saturday, Dec. 3: An early-season three-day men’s basketball event matching 12 teams from each of the premier conferences against each other across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3.
- TicketCity Legends Classic, Sunday, Nov. 13, to Monday, Nov. 21: ESPN networks will televise six of the games, including all four of the championship rounds at the IZOD Center in the New Jersey Meadowlands Sports Complex.
- Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off, Saturday, Nov. 19 and Sunday, Nov. 20: ESPN3 and ESPNU will combine to cover four games of the event from Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.
Returning events include the Big Ten/ACC Challenge Presented by DICK’S Sporting Goods, Jimmy V Classic Presented by Corona Extra, Sears BracketBusters, 5-Hour Energy Puerto Rico Tip-Off, DIRECTV Charleston Classic, Old Spice Classic, 76 Classic, Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic, All College Classic, 2K Sports Classic Benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer, Progressive CBE Classic, DICK’S Sporting Goods NIT Season Tip-Off, EA Sports Maui Invitational and Las Vegas Invitational.
For the fourth consecutive year, ESPN will celebrate the opening of the season with a marathon of coverage across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3 with the College Hoops Tip-off Marathon Presented by Disney Destinations on Tuesday, Nov. 15. Beginning at midnight, ESPN networks will provide action of 21 live matchups – 19 men’s and two women’s – in a minimum of 25 hours, highlighted by ESPN’s 11 game telecasts and a special one-hour College GameDay Driven by State Farm live from New York City’s Madison Square Garden, site of the Champions Classic.
- Florida at Ohio State on Tuesday, Nov. 15, at 8 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Louisville at Butler on Saturday, Nov. 19, at 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- Michigan vs. Memphis, Tennessee vs. Duke and Georgetown vs. Kansas in the EA Sports Maui Invitational on Monday, Nov. 21, at 3 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 11:59 p.m., respectively, on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Xavier at Vanderbilt on Monday, Nov. 28, at 7 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Duke at Ohio State in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge Presented by DICK’S Sporting Goods on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 9:30 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN3
- Wisconsin at North Carolina in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge Presented by DICK’S Sporting Goods on Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 9:30 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN3
- St. John’s at Kentucky in the BIG EAST/SEC Challenge on Thursday, Dec. 1, at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Florida at Syracuse and Vanderbilt at Louisville in the BIG EAST/SEC Challenge on Friday, Dec.2, at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., respectively, on ESPN and ESPN3
- Purdue at Xavier on Saturday, Dec. 3, at 3 p.m. on ESPNU
- Arizona at Florida and Xavier at Butler on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., respectively, on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Ohio State at Kansas and Kentucky at Indiana on Saturday, Dec. 10, at 3:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m., respectively, on ESPN and ESPN3
- Alabama vs. Kansas State from Kansas City on Saturday, Dec. 17, at 10 p.m. on ESPNU
- Butler at Gonzaga on Tuesday, Dec. 20, at 9 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Texas at North Carolina on Wednesday, Dec. 21, at 7 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Illinois vs. Missouri from St. Louis on Thursday, Dec. 22, at 9 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- Gonzaga at Xavier on Saturday, Dec. 31, at 8 p.m. on ESPN2 and ESPN3
- St. John’s at Duke on Saturday, Jan 28 at noon on ESPN or ESPN2 and ESPN3