Monday Night Football Helps ESPN Win the Night in Key Male and Adult Demos
Last night’s ESPN Monday Night Football telecast – a 24-6 New York Jets victory over the Miami Dolphins – helped ESPN win the night among all networks – broadcast or cable – in all key male and adult demos. The telecast averaged:
- 9.1 household coverage rating (7.8 U.S. rating)
- 8,950,000 households
- 12,062,000 viewers
- As it has each week this season, ESPN won the night among all networks in all key male demos, and also won in the adult demos
- MNF led all programs Monday night in the delivery of all key male demos and adults 18-34; finished second in adults 18-49 and 25-54
- The MNF telecast ranks as the ninth-largest audience on cable television in calendar year 2011 in households
Local market ratings:
- Miami: 12.9 rating on ESPN and a 6.7 rating on WSFL, for a combined 19.6 rating.
- New York: 10.4 rating on ESPN and a 4.0 rating on WWOR, for a combined 14.4 rating.
MNF season averages (thru 6 weeks/7 games):
- 9.9 household coverage rating (8.5 U.S. rating)
- 9,771,000 households
- 13,421,000 viewers