Here's what we know after the late afternoon games for week 15 of the NFL:
• The Falcons are as consistent as anyone this season. They’ve clinched a first round bye and can take the NFC South and home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with a win next Monday night against the Saints.
• Don’t you miss Josh McDaniels, who had the guts to draft Tim Tebow, wish he had the guts to play Tim Tebow as a starter? Nice first outing by Double T in Oakland even though they lost to the Raiders.
• Finally, the Jets get their first offensive touchdown since Thanksgiving with Mark Sanchez getting in the end zone on the bootleg. That comeback in the fourth quarter to beat the Steelers, 22-17 saves the Jets a whole lot of what if’s the next couple of weeks.
• Not a great home slate for the Steelers: losses to Baltimore, New England and now NY Jets have put them back into a tie for the AFC North and at a loss when it comes to tiebreakers.
• Seattle and St.Louis lead the NFC West at 6-8 with the 49’ers one game back at 5-9. Up next in week 16, it’s Seattle at Tampa Bay, San Francisco at St.Louis and if the Niners win and the Seahawks lose, we have a three-way tie at 6-9 heading into the final week of the season. That my friends spells U-G-L-Y!