Sunday NFL Countdown: NFL Player Contract Incentives; Bears-Packers Rivalry & More
Chris Berman, Mike Ditka, Cris Carter, Tom Jackson, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Mortensen and NFL Insider Adam Schefter will preview the day’s NFL matchups Sunday at 11 a.m. ET. Highlights:
- Contract Incentives – Whether in the playoffs or not, Week 17 means a lot to many NFL players as their contracts are loaded with incentive clauses. Reporter Greg Garber investigates what players and teammates do in Week 17 to earn incentives.
- The Bears-Packers Rivalry – No two NFL teams have faced each other more than the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers. Their rivalry began in 1921 and in 180 games Chicago leads 92-82-6. Two Hall of Fame players from each team explain the rivalry.
- Sport Science: Michael Vick – Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is a top contender for the 2010 NFL MVP, thanks to his agility, speed and arm strength. John Brenkus puts Vick in the Sports Science lab to show if the Eagles signal caller is faster than Vikings running back Adrian Peterson or has a quicker release than Saints quarterback Drew Brees.
- Mayne Event – Jared Allen’s Resolutions – The New Year’s is a time to gather with friends, sing “Auld Lang Syne,” and make resolutions. This week, Kenny Mayne gets together with Mayne Event favorite and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen and the two get sentimental reflecting on the 2010 NFL season.
- Soundtracks: Sam Bradford – In eight months, St. Louis’ quarterback has gone from No. 1 NFL Draft pick to leading the Rams, a team that went 1-15 last season, to an NFC West title with a win at Seattle on Sunday. “Soundtracks” features in-game audio by the rookie quarterback.
NFL Matchup’s X’s and O’s: Bucs at Saints, Rams at Seahawks
Host Sal Paolantonio and analysts Merril Hoge and Ron Jaworski will preview the X’s and O’s in key games this weekend on Sunday’s NFL Matchup at 3 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., and on ESPN2 at 8:30 a.m. Highlights:
- Bucs at Saints – To get preferred matchups, the Saints’ offense employs the “New Orleans 22” package. Jaworski goes deep inside the Film Room to show how the “22” works.
- Rams at Seahawks – Jaworski goes “Inside the Matchup” to show how St. Louis rookie quarterback Sam Bradford manipulated the Seattle defense and threw a well-timed throw for a touchdown in Week 4.